Saturday, March 17, 2007

Hydroxycut and Me

I've been taking Hydroxycut for about three weeks now. It's done a decent enough job that I can notice on my midsection and I can appreciate that fat loss when I make quicker cuts on the soccer field, but there are more and more strange effects that I'm noticing. First of all, there's the equivalent of 2 cups of coffee of caffeine in each pill. You start off with 3 pills a day, each about 1/2 hour before a meal. After 3 days you double the dose - that's 12 cups of coffee a day! You're supposed to take the last dose 5 hours before you go to sleep so that you don't suffer sleep deprevation (though they don't specifically say that this is why on the bottle). Because of this high dosage of caffeine, I can't drink sodas, teas, or coffee anymore. Not a big deal in my lifestyle, except that I love tea drinks and boba.

So, what have been my personal experiences? I've had two nights of restlessness out of these three weeks where I've gone to bed at 4am or later even though I intended to go to sleep around 1am or 2am. That's not extremely out of the ordinary because I think a lot at night and try to find solutions to all of my problems before I can rest easy. I don't have that many problems so it's typically not that bad. Something else that recently started happening nearly every night are these really weird dreams. I'm not so crazy as to let dreams effect my cognizant life, but when you have really weird ones the emotions you felt during them stick with you for the rest of the day.

I think that what I need to do is work out twice a day in order to get rid of all of the energy that I have. I'm going to play soccer every day at lunch and then work out every day after work. I'm not sure how long I can continue this. It seems worth it because I'm in great shape and tear it up on the soccer field. I'll probably just keep it up until the bottle of pills is empty, take some pictures of myself to show to my kids one day, and then see how I do after I'm off of it.

Anybody else have experiences with work-out supplements that they want to share?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, don't take for granted your ability to run around like that. I think it's kinda like a car; if you let one sit under a tree too long, when you go to take it for a spin, it's a bit on the slow side, and doesn't want to keep it up. Anyway, I just went through my first day on 3 pills of Hydroxycut, and I find the caffeine to be a little scary. Today, if I didn't do little 5 minute exercises every opportunity I got, I felt quite bad, and if I stop too early, it's the chest pressure. Hopefully, I'll be able to do like you and keep the dosages down to MY level (not the insane dosage they recommend) and keep my exercise UP high enough where I can actually sit down and relax at the end of the day. Rock on!

Anonymous said...

The last two weeks I've been taking hydroxycut and it seems that every morning between six and seven I would have these weird dreams and I would wake up. I thought maybe it was side affects from the hydroxycut. So I decided to see if I was the only one. Looks like I'm not. Thanks for posting man. Good luck with everything.

Nutra Man said...

hydroxycut I love the stuff. I follow the package instructions and I sometimes take a hoodia pill to aid in the appetite supression. Godd luck with it dude

Anonymous said...

So I just started taking the Hydroxycut Max for *women its in the black bottle. Um... I am reading everyone's posts and totally agree with the CRAZY dreams and the fact I feel like doing push-ups in between small taks at my desk. That would be great but I already got up at 6AM today to do a 30 min work-out and I still feel like I am EXPLODING with energy. I didn't sleep well last night to boot... oh well, I guess I'll hit the gym after work as well and think about what weird dreams I will encounter tonight.

Anonymous said...

Omg I thought I was going crazy. I've been on it over a month, but just started the caffinated pills a few days ago. I've been having related dreams all about making out with people and falling in love. They've been SO POWERFULLY emotional too. Like, I could SWEAR they had actually happened.

Anonymous said...

I recently moved out of my parents house, much against their approval. A couple months after that and not speaking with them, I began to take it to lose weight. Ever since, I've had emotional dreams with my parents being the active people in my dreams, which affects me for the rest of the day. I will continue taking Hydroxycut until I lose the weight I want but these dreams make it very hard.

Anonymous said...

yeah, started takeing hydroxycut yesterday, had 2 yeaterday and had 4 today. My dreams are going crazy, gun fights, women, all sorts, and so real. I wake up remembering every little bit of them and keep thinking about them thru the day, but i dont mind it my self, its kind of fun. Not sure if i'll be saying it after a month thou lol